Netflix is one of the most popular apps used on Vizio TVs. For most of the users, it is the normal app which they have ever used. That’s why it is cumbersome for them if Netflix is not working on their TVs.
There is a good number of tricks and tips through which you can fix the Netflix not working problem on Vizio. Most of them are simple and easy to implement.
Netflix not working on Vizio TV?
Well, we have recognized your problem completely, now let’s discuss the steps. The most common cause of this problem is an internet connection. You need to check the internet access on TV.
How to check internet access on Vizio TV?
- Open Menu from the Menu button given on remote.
- Go to the ‘Network’ section and press ‘OK’.
- Go to ‘Test connection’ followed by ‘Ok’.
You will find the information about the network connection on the TV screen. This page may take a minute to test the connection. Once the testing gets finished, you need to wait for some time until you find ‘Download’ option on the screen.
Netflix not working even after a strong internet connection
Sometimes, if you find that Netflix is showing ‘No internet connection’ message on screen even after having proper signal, then there is nothing to worry, you can either take Netflix help from support team or follow the steps mentioned below:
Power cycle your Vizio TV
- Switch off your TV.
- Disconnect the power leads from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds when the device is not connected to the power.
- Plug the device back to the power supply and turn it on from the button.
- Try playing Netflix content now. If you are getting ‘Sign-out’ option on the screen, then it means everything is started working normally.
Use of static DNS server settings to fix the Netflix problem
- Press the menu’ button from the Vizio remote.
- Open ‘Network’ option and click ‘Ok’.
- Go to ‘Manual setup’ and press OK.
- On the top of the menu, you will find ‘DHCP’ option. This may be turned on. With the help of left cursor of the remote, press to turn this feature off.
- Go down to select ‘Preferred DNS server’. Change it to 207. 68.222.222.
- Go down to ‘Alternate server’. Change this to 126.96.36.199.
- Tap ‘Save’ and press OK button from the TV remote.
- Exit the remote.
- Changing these settings will adjust the TV according to the modem and router connection speed. Test the Netflix app and see if it is working or not. If not, then go to com TV help.
Reset your Vizio TV to factory defaults
If you are still getting the same problem, then you need to reset the TV through the below-mentioned steps.
- Press the menu button and click on ‘System’.
- Go to ‘Reset and admin’ and press Ok.
- Tap on ‘Reset TV to factory defaults’ and press ‘OK’.